"The booklet should be printed as a 2-sided document, short-edge binding"
Online Showcase 2020 – To all potential contestants, their parents, and music teachers,
The changes we have all experienced as a society due to corona-virus have made us all rethink our daily lives. For the Showcase committee, we are concerned about our core business; Showcase: fostering Jewish musical talent.
We know that our children are going through a challenging time. Schools were shut and students instructed to spend their days in an online classroom from their bedrooms. Sporting teams and clubs stopped meeting, training and playing. After four months, things have not gone back to normal.
Children and young people have been having online music lessons. I think there are many young people out there trying to keep up with their music.
Showcase is a key B’nai B’rith project. The Showcase committee was established in 1985 to encourage young people to continue their musical pursuits. We are committed to continuing that work.
How to enter Online Showcase 2020
1. Go to our webpage at https://www.bnaibrith.org.au/our-projects/showcase.Download the Information Booklet, Entry form and Consent Form.
2. Register your entry by Friday 24 July. Late entries will not be accepted.
3. You will then receive your acknowledgement and access rights to the Showcase channel.
4. June 26-July 31 Online Heats will take place. The channel will be open for entrants to upload video recordings of their performances to the Showcase channel.
5. July 31-August 18 Our adjudicators will assess the performances. Entrants and competitors will receive adjudications, participation certificates and awards to celebrate their talent, according to the adjudicators’ decision.
6. August 18-Sept 10 Awardees will be contacted and the Finals Concert organised.
7. September 13 at 1.30 pm. the Finals Concert. Substantial prizes are offered for Section winners and the overall winner.
While all entrants are requested to participate in Online Showcase 2020, we are living in a rapidly changing environment. With restrictions continuing in July, if venues are opened, the Showcase committee could offer entrants a live final and live-streamed concert via the channel. Keep a watch on our webpage for up to date information.
Dear teachers, families and friends, we have found a way to adapt to changing circumstances.
The Showcase committee is a volunteer group comprising of retired professionals. If you have the expertise to support us to run an Online Showcase 2020, please let us know via the website. We welcome your opinion and your feedback. Please let us know through our website: firstname.lastname@example.org or the B’nai B’rith office phone 9523 0888.
We have now opened our online channel bbvic.net to prepare for the Heats. This week, the booklets, flyers, website and advertising have been updated. We have advertised widely and already have 25 entries.
We have extended the registration date to respond to the changing uncertain times and school holiday period.
Interested entrants still have time to fill in the two forms, Entry Form and Consent Form, and encourage Online Showcase 2020 to find a new way to foster Jewish musical talent.
Music can help raise everyone’s spirits.
Chair of Showcase 2020
This is the only Jewish Showcase in Australia and fulfills a specific need - it does not replicate what any other Jewish organisation is doing. Jewish musicians are enabled to compete in an officially recognised Showcase; as most are held on Shabbat, this competition acts as a bridge through all streams of Judaism - covering Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels (ages 8 - 25).
Register now and you too can be part of this exciting event!
Please see the attached files on the right for sign up information or phone the B'nai B'rith Office on
(03) 9523 0888 or email email@example.com
JUDY FIRESTONE-PODCAST PROMOTING SHOWCASE ON J-AIR 5/6/20
Official Accompanist Guide
Learn more about how B'nai B'rith Australia / New Zealand is making an impact in communities across our region.