BBYO Youth Advisor
The Youth Advisor plays a key role in the success of our BBYO Chapter. You will maintain an important leadership role and work closely with teens to run strong chapter programs and develop leadership skills. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact on the local Jewish community and empower Jewish teens to do great things.
Job Title – BBYO Youth Advisor
- 21+ years of age
- Ability to staff programs on periodic nights and weekends.
- Ability to transport self to and from chapter or regional meetings and events.
- Mature minded and responsible with strong organisational skills, experience working with teens.
- Experienced in teamwork and leadership.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check.
- Experience working as a leader in a Jewish Youth Movement
You will sit in the passenger seat while the teens take the wheel: you will challenge them, support them, keep them focused and connect them with resources so that they can do their best work and grow along the way. Additionally, you will:
- Guide teens through the program planning process
- Provide supervision during chapter programs, helping to maintain a safe and inclusive environment. Attend BBYO fortnightly meetings at the B’nai B’rith Centre, supervise (if necessary) all events including set up and clean up.
- Keep the chapter connected to the international order through participation in chapter, region and movement wide campaigns and initiatives.
- Ensure consistent communication between chapter members and parents.
- Involvement and maintenance of communication with the board through the Whattsapp group chat.
- Help to resolve conflicts among chapter members.
- Empower the teens to make decisions. Develop younger teen members into leaders and create a strong community.
- Meaningful relationships with BBYO members, parents, and partners
- Free professional development and training opportunities
- Personal connections to the local Jewish community
- Opportunity to staff domestic and international travel experiences.
- A social community of more than700 advisors locally and worldwide
Employment Type – Independent contractor – casual
Direct Supervisors – Marketing and Growth Manager, B’nai B’rith NSW, BBYO National Director
- 8 hours a week, flexible on arrangement
- Base rate of $30 per hour
- Full reimbursement on all work-related expenses (as approved in advance)
How to Apply
- Full CV
- A cover letter that includes relevant experience and reasons you are passionate about joining our team.
- Professional references are encouraged.
Please email the above-mentioned documents to B’nai B’rith NSW Marketing and Growth Manager.